Road Trip: Sand Dunes

We spent about half a day in the Oregon Dunes State Park doing two hikes.
 IMG_5363

At one point we took a wrong turn and had our Honda Element on an actual ATV section. Oopsie. And Carol drew me another massive sand heart because he is the best husband in the entire world.
IMG_5382IMG_5378
It was still very windy at that point and the wind blowing sand in plumes off the peaks of the dunes was quite cool.
IMG_5371

Most importantly in the fun factor, Carol convinced me to roll down a dune. First, you have to find a good steep section. Then you zip up your jacket, don your hood, zip your pockets, lay down and start rolling.
IMG_5348IMG_5349
IMG_5350IMG_5351
IMG_5352IMG_5353

My turn:
 IMG_5356IMG_5357
 IMG_5358IMG_5359

Carol then repeated the feat into a Star Wars like hole.
IMG_5365IMG_5366
IMG_5368IMG_5369

2 comments:

  1. Rolling down a sand dune is one of my Best Things Ever. It makes me feel like I'm 7 again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey – I had better not show my daughter those rolling photos; she was doing the same last time we were at the beach and got covered in sand.

    We also have some great dunes over here in Stockton Bight. It is a fairly well known 4wd destination and minutes away.

    Enjoy, Shane

    ReplyDelete

LIQUID MOTIVATION

Click on the dollar and buy Livia and Carol a cold frosty one:

DON'T MISS A POST

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

INSTAGRAM

RANDOM POSTS