Book: The Curve of Time

The Curve of Time is a classic cruising book for the BC/WA area. The author and her husband bought a boat intending to take their children cruising and one day the husband went out with the boat and never returned. The boat was found but he wasn't. She took her children out on that boat alone every summer during the remainder of their childhood and she visited now well known places before they became popular.

The writing style wasn't my favorite and she occasionally branches off into a fantasy world. Each time that happened I started skimming until she was back to her travel tale. Still, I loved reading about Desolation Sound and Princess Louisa Inlet before they were discovered by cruising boats.

Used copies are cheap and friends lent me a copy. I would definitely recommend it as a book to read if you are heading to either of the primary places she describes (Desolation, Princess Louisa) or if you cruise with children.

2 comments:

  1. The Curve of Time is one of our favorite cruising books onboard - I did a review of it back in 2009.

    I have several other books treating with the same times in the Inside Passage that I'd like to review, someday.

    bob
    s/v Eolian
    Seattle

    ReplyDelete

LIQUID MOTIVATION

Click on the dollar and buy Livia and Carol a cold frosty one:

DON'T MISS A POST

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

INSTAGRAM

RANDOM POSTS